Rondje Roodbruin / Red-Brown Ale Trail
- Rondje Roodbruin / Red-Brown Ale Trail
- Red-Brown breweries
- Red-Brown Ales
- 6 May: practical info
- Red-Brown recipes
- Chocolate cake with a sauce and with red-brown ale
- Lamb with a moussaka sauce
- Rillettes - small beer waffles & VanderGhinste Roodbruin
- Skewers with mushrooms, soy sauce and red-brown ale
- Sorbet of Flemish Red-Brown Ale with brown shrimp
- Stuffed 'lukken', a sabayon of red-brown ale and coffee cream
- West Flanders red-brown ale with pâté
- Red-brown ale regional products
De Brabandere Brewery
This family-owned brewery is located in Bavikhove, a submunicipality of Harelbeke. It was established in 1894 by local farmer Adolf De Brabandere and is still owned by the De Brabandere family. The fourth and fifth generation are currently active in the brewery.
One of the first specialty beers they produced was Petrus Roodbruin, a blend of blond oak-aged beer and dark brown young beer. During secondary fermentation and maturation in oak foeders, different microorganisms produce the typical refreshing, tangy flavour and vinous aroma.
Because of the success of these beers in Belgium and abroad, the old calvados barrels originally installed in 1980 were complemented with new oak barrels in 2008, 2012 and 2015 to meet the increasing demand. Both the old and the new barrels (30 in total) have a content of 220 HL or 66,000 glasses of delicious beer.
More info: www.brouwerijdebrabandere.be